Maryland Community Action Partnership
MCAP News – August 2019
See newsletter for the full story on each of these items
Human Services Programs of Carroll County Recently Awarded Governor's Citation
HSP is very pleased and thankful to share our recent Governor's Citation. We partnered with Volunteer Maryland this year on a very meaningful project to further develop our Volunteer and Internship program. Volunteer Maryland is an AmeriCorps program in the Governor's Office.
Plan ahead for Weatherization Day coming up in October!
State and Local WAP agencies plan events and actions each year to showcase Weatherization Day such as community celebrations or WAP site visits with members of Congress. Many WAP programs are featured in the press and many governors officially issue a Weatherization Day Proclamation...
Access NASCSP Weatherization Day resources including Weatherization Day Planning Toolkits – WAP Story Telling Manual – WAP and Social Media.
Weatherization Day Kickoff Webinar
CAP, NASCSP and NCAF, September 11
- Public Charge Rule affecting immigrants will go into effect in October. See the following material from CAPLAW: DHS Issues Final Public Charge Rule – Community Action Public Charge FAQs.
- Region 3 ROMA Implementer Phase II Training, Dec. 5
- State LIHEAP Fact Sheets from NEUAC
- Building Success through Synergy, MCAP Board Retreat, Oct. 23-24
- The Value of Internal Program Monitoring in Community Action, MCAP & UPO webinar, Sept. 10
- 2019 New Executive Director's Institute, CAP, NCAF, CAPLAW, WIPFLi, NASCSP, Oct. 9-11
- Community Action Partnership webinars: Demystifying Data Analysis, September 11 – Building Credit for Your Renters, September 18
- Strengths-Based Leadership Certificate Program, United Planning Organization
Credential for Strength-Based Family Workers: Open enrollment – see newsletter for details