California Community Action Partnership Association
CalCAPA Newsletter - July/August 2019
See newsletter for information on each of these items
- Online Board Member Orientation
- ROMA Implementer Certification includes scholarships covering the cost of certification
- CalCAPA Academy – Moodle-based Learning Management System (LMS) designed for California’s Community Action Agencies
CalCAPA Receives Get Connected! Grant
Grant from the California Emerging Technology Fund to help low-income families gain affordable high-speed internet – read about the grant.
The California Poverty Measure
New index that improves upon conventional poverty measures, it tracks the full range of necessary expenditures, adjusts for geographic differences in housing costs, and includes food stamps and other non-cash benefits as resources available to poor families. The CPM reveals whether California's safety net is successfully reducing poverty.
Your Money, Your Goals
YMYG is designed to provide more intensive support for consumer financial empowerment efforts. Applications are now being accepted for the 2020 cohort.
- 2019 RPIC IX Conference, Sept. 16-18
- Update on CSBG Reauthorization
- Proposal to Change Poverty Calculations Could Cause 60,000 to Lose Public Benefits in California, California Health Report
- CalCAPA's Legislative Breakfast included the first annual presentation of the Outstanding Senator Award to Anna Caballero and Outstanding Assembly Member Award to Autumn Burke
See newsletter for listing of events