Illinois Association of Community Action Agencies
IACAA News – July 2019
See newsletter for the full story on each of these items
An online survey is used to gain nominations for IACAA’s vacant board position. Nominees must be a current Executive Director of a local Community Action Agency who has been a member of the Association in good standing since the most recent Annual Meeting (05/7/19).
The goal for our 1st Annual IACAA Poverty Conference is to eradicate poverty within the Region V territory and the United States by improving economic opportunities and enhancing the well-being of low-income citizens. IACAA will work with professional bodies from different disciplines, approaches, backgrounds, and experiences to bring together poverty-fighting entities throughout the United States to discuss:
- The causes and consequences of poverty
- Best practices and programs to help eliminate poverty
- Providing companies with essential development tools to share with their staff
- Building sustainability in all aspects of communities
See newsletter for details:
- Community Engagement - North, September 10
- Marketing (webinar), September 11
- Community Engagement - South, September 12
- Data Basics (webinar), September 18
- CCAP 2020 Cohort - First Meeting, September 18
- ROMA-In Service, September 19
See newsletter for IACAA’s Data Consulting and Trauma-Informed Care Training.
As many of you know, IM 138 has instructions pointed to the need for ROMA training at the Community Action agency. IACAA will be reaching out to agencies that have not participated recently in ROMA trainings and make arrangements to provide a ROMA training opportunity that will assist in the understanding and need for performance management systems and meet 7.9 of the Organizational Standards. ROMA is for the entire agency!