Ohio Association of Community Action Agencies
2019 State of Poverty in Ohio
Announcement of press conference held to release report
The Ohio Association of Community Action Agencies, in cooperation with the Strategic Research Group, has released its 2019 State of Poverty in Ohio Report. The report highlights obstacles Ohio families face on their journeys to becoming self-sufficient.
Read the remarks by Phil Cole, OACAA's Executive Director.
View the press conference featuring Phil Cole and Kathleen Carr, President and Partner of SRG.
The report combines a clear narrative, easy-to-understand infographics, and data tables to illustrate the experience of poverty in our state. By first understanding why different factors create barriers, Ohio can then create solutions to overcome those barriers.
- Letter from the Executive Director
- Defining Poverty including Ohio's Self-Sufficiency Calculator
- Affordable Housing
- The Intersection of Income, Housing and Transportation
- Appendix with Data Tables
- Ohio’s poverty rate improving; wages still depressed (video story), NBC4 WCMH-TV Columbus
- State Of Poverty Report 2019 (inc. audio), Ohio Public Radio
- Report: Low-Income Ohioans Lack Access To Transportation, Affordable Housing, WOSU Public Media
- Ohio’s Poor Face Nightmarish Commutes, Streetsblog USA