Seeks Executive Director
Online job announcement
Deadline: June 28, 2019 at 5:00 PM PDT
Community Action is seeking an Executive Director to lead its senior management team and serve as the organization's Chief Executive Officer. This position reports directly to our Board of Directors which is comprised of representatives from private, public, and low-income sectors. The Executive Director oversees and directs the collaborative efforts of the executive leadership team (Directors of Human Resources, Finance & Operations, Family & Community Resources, Head Start, and Resource Development) in executing the mission of Community Action. The Executive Director is responsible for working closely with the Board of Directors in establishing overall policy direction, including organizational budgeting and strategic planning, and ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations throughout the entire agency.
The Executive Director provides guidance and support to ensure that our Board of Directors is effective in carrying out its fiduciary responsibilities and governance role and frequently collaborates with diverse stakeholders, such as clients, community partners, colleagues, funders and regulators, to achieve program and agency goals. With an annual budget of $25-30 million and approximately 350 employees spread over a multitude of sites throughout Washington County, OR, the Executive Director provides the leadership needed to support an empowered and effective workforce which is guided by our mission and vision for Washington County. Major programs include: Head Start, Housing & Homeless Services, Energy Conservation, Family Development, Early Connections, Energy & Emergency Rent Assistance, and Child Care Resource & Referral. The Executive Director is located at the Community Action Multi-Service Center in Hillsboro, Oregon.
Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering an excellent Executive Benefits Package that includes medical, dental, vision, life & long-term disability insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, 457 deferred compensation program, generous paid time off, twelve paid holidays and a competitive salary commensurate with experience and relevant qualifications.
See job announcement for additional information including the ideal candidate, essential competencies, functions and responsibilities and minimum qualifications.
Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by the closing date below. The online application process can be completed on our Careers page at the following address: https://caowash.applicantpro.com/jobs/1099710.html.
In order to be considered for this position, your application package must include:
- A completed Community Action Application for Employment;
- A detailed resume and cover letter which specifically address your qualifications and experience as they pertain to both the essential competencies and minimum qualification requirements for this position;
- A minimum of three professional references;
- Written responses to the following questions:
- How do you feel your background, experience, and education have helped to shape you into the right leader for the role of Executive Director?
- What challenges do you foresee in taking on this role, and how will you mitigate those challenges?
- What are the top three priorities you would want to address in your first year as Executive Director?