Southeastern Association of Community Action Agencies
Spotlight on Community Action – April/May 2019
See newsletter for complete stories
Tell your stories and share your successes! Help raise awareness about the anti-poverty impact the Community Action Partnership has both locally and nationally…
This job is so much easier with the use of the specially designed toolkit that gives our agencies resources and information that can help them use Community Action Month to increase their visibility.
Enroll in one of our Executive Leaders web-based Certification programs – Human Resources, Executive/Deputy Director, Finance Professional
Rapid re-housing is a short-term, crisis response intervention intended to minimize a household’s time spent homeless. Research on rapid re-housing is still emerging, however, this paper reviews the evidence to date, which documents the model's success in helping families and veterans exit homeless shelters to live in housing units in the private rental market faster than they would on their own and for lower cost…
2019 SEACAA Annual Conference
September 10-13 in Myrtle Beach, SC
Call for workshop proposals (June 10 deadline)
Dr. Joyce Dorsey, President /CEO of Fulton Atlanta Community Action Authority in GA, offers some insight on this topic in her 3-part Op-Ed.
If Poverty Cannot be Reduced, What Else Can Community Action Do?
An analysis and understanding of the problem and our remaining options is the focus of Part 1 – see newsletter for the article.
- Poverty Data Tools from the Census Bureau (see newsletter for links to four data tools)
- Hard Living on the Poverty Line – follow these steps to better understand the personal economics of poverty.
- Municipal Action Guide: Preparing for the 2020 Census featured along with other helpful items on the 2020 Census in the Community Action Partnership’s Resource Library
- SEACAA Brand Sports New Look – Why Brand with the National Community Action Partnership – 5 Smart Brand Strategies for Nonprofits
- Meet SEACAA’s Incoming Treasurer, Catrena Bowman-Thomas
- 2018 Recap highlighting CAPLAW's core services, insights from their biennial survey, and priorities for 2019
See newsletter for listing of events