West Virginia Community Action Partnership
Striving to Transform Lives
April 29 - May 1 in Charleston, WV
All-day intensive learning session on April 29th – Symposium agenda
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Samuel Jones, ROI: Results Origination by Inspiration
Breakfast with National Partners – CAPLAW, Community Action Partnership, NASCSP
26 workshop topics are featured under four tracks – conference agenda includes workshop presenters
Track I: Family
- Rapid Resolution
- Suicide Prevention with Veterans
- Implementing a New Family Self-Sufficiency Assessment
- Analyzing and Utilizing Annual Report Data
- RAZE the Working Dead: Workplace Identity
- Serving as an Effective Change Agent
- Developing Coalitions
Track II: Community
- Organizational Change Can Be Strange
- Data Analysis
- What is role of Board vs. Executive Director? Disconnect between perception and responsibility.
- Fund Development
- Community Action Certifications – How Do I Start?
- All You Need to Know About Performance Evaluations
- Approaches to Employee Development in Your Organization
Track III: Agency
- Be Careful What You Ask For: Grant Preparedness
- You Just Might Get It: Grant Management
- Making the Census Count for Community Action
- Lobbying and Advocacy Tips for Nonprofits
- Organizational Standards - Beyond the Basics
- Communicating Results
- Welcome and WAP Updates
- DBA FACS PRO APP
- DG-1000, A How to Guide
- BPI 1200 the SWS and You
- QCI Tips (Beyond the Classroom)
- Strategy for Attracting, Developing, and Retaining Superior Employees
The following awards will be presented during the conference:
Ervin Queen Award – Presented to an individual who, through long-term leadership and service, embodied the spirit of hope, improved their community and made West Virginia a better place to live.
Personal Achievement Award – Recognizes a current participant in Community Action who has achieved significant personal accomplishments.
Service Award – Recognizes a current Community Action employee who provides either direct-service or administrative/support services who positively impacts individuals and families through their day-to-day work.