North Carolina Community Action Association
sNC Empowered – April 2019
See newsletter for complete articles
NCCAA Legislative Breakfast
April 10 in Raleigh, NC
STEP UP! Do you value professional growth for yourself and your staff? Would you like to earn a Certification at your own pace and in your own time? Can in-person training events be challenging due to limited time & resources?
Answer, yes? Enroll in one of our Executive Leaders web-based Certification programs!
Support this year's NCCAA Service Project with your ticket contribution in lieu of volunteer services and donated items. This is an easy way to help our families and neighbors who are still rebuilding after Hurricane Florence…
Governor Cooper Proclaims April 23 – 27 as Reentry Week in NC – read the article
Celebrate Reentry Week & NEW Grounds Coffee: Step the Cup Up, April 26
Five health insurance organizations have been named to share in contracts totaling $6 billion a year to provide health care under a privatized state Medicaid program for low-income, disabled and elderly residents that is set to start providing health care coverage in November of 2019 – read full story.
- 2019 NCCAA Annual Conference, May 14-17 in Wilmington, NC
- Self-Assessment for Employment-Focused Reentry Programs
- 6 Months After Florence – Future Still Unknown for many still recovering
- Healing Broken Circles: Giving Hope and Fulfillment to Those in Need of Redemption
- H.R. 1695: Community Service Block Grant Reauthorization of 2019
- NCCARE 360 connects partners (such as healthcare providers, insurers, or community organizations) through a shared technology platform
- Economic Improvement Council, Inc. is the proud recipient of a 5-Year Early Head Start expansion and child care partnership grant award serving 13 counties
- New Grounds Coffee – "If you like coffee you will LOVE this coffee. Even people that think they don't like coffee should give this a try, they may become "coffee people". LOL! Plus every sale goes towards building safer communities!" NCCAA Executive Director, Sharon C. Goodson
See newsletter for upcoming Community Action conferences