Georgia Community Action Association
GCAA Newsletter – February 2019
See newsletter for full story on each of these items
2019 State of Hope Application Now Open!
Hope is a movement throughout Georgia to create communities where children are safe, thriving and full of hope. Our mission is to cultivate family-centered support systems by connecting, equipping and nurturing diverse community collaborators...
National Community Action Impact Report "Building Opportunity for All"
The Community Action Partnership recently released the National Impact Report. This unique and comprehensive report looks at how Community Action Agencies across the country impact the lives of 15 million people each year, creating pathways to prosperity...
Annie E. Casey Foundation Call for Proposals to Help Atlanta Residents Gain Skills and Jobs
The Foundation's Atlanta Civic Site will award grants of up to $150,000 each to partnerships that pair resident engagement and leadership with strengths-based talent development, wraparound services and quality job placements – learn more.
The Georgia Dept of Family and Children Services is proud to share some of the great work that SmartQuest has accomplished when they successfully met with each Community Action Agency across the state - see newsletter for feedback given to the state office.
- Health Impacts of the Physical & Social Environment, February 20
- Career Pathways as a Leadership Development Framework in Community Action, February 27
- CSBG List of "Other Indicators"
- CSBG Annual Report Lexicon
- Module 3 Community Initiative Status Form Review Document
See newsletter for listing of events
- 2020 Census Jobs, U.S. Census Bureau
- Carl D. Perkins Human Service Award given to Lola Walton Johnson, Executive Director of the Central Savannah River Area EOA
- Crosswalk of the CSBG Organizational Standards & Head Start Performance Standards, CAPLAW