Maryland Community Action Partnership
MCAP News – February 2019
See newsletter for the full story on each of these items
Spotlight on Community Action Agencies
Montgomery County CAA hosts "Nuts and Bolts of Advocacy" Workshop
All participants will write their own original testimony in the coming weeks and will have an opportunity to present their testimony and receive feedback from a mock "County Council" made up of Board members, guests, and staff at the March 2nd workshop.
New Prosperity Now Scorecard: See how Maryland stacks up!
The Prosperity Now Scorecard is a comprehensive resource featuring data on family financial health and policy recommendations to help put all U.S. households on a path to prosperity. The Scorecard equips advocates, policymakers and practitioners with national, state and local data to jump-start a conversation about solutions and policies that put households on stronger financial footing across five issue areas: Financial Assets & Income; Businesses & Jobs; Homeownership & Housing; Health Care and Education.
Millions of Americans Remain Vulnerable to Financial Shock According to 2019 Prosperity Now Scorecard, Prosperity Now blog posting
News & Tools
- New free app – PEEP Family Science, offers innovative approach to two-generation learning
- Community Action National Impact Report was released in January - MCAP Member Garrett County featured!
- Prosperity Now provides free VITA Volunteer Training Modules!
- Infographic for sharing from the National Alliance to End Homeless on the impact of Rapid Re-housing and report from the Urban Institute: Rapid Re-housing’s Role in Responding to Homelessness: What the Evidence Says
- Baltimore chosen for four-year anti-poverty initiative alongside San Francisco, Chicago, New York, and NE Pennsylvania – see news item from The Baltimore Sun
- AACCAA raffle: Win round-trip for two to St. Thomas – see newsletter for details
Upcoming Events and Job Opportunities
- 2019 MCAP Human Services Conference, May 6-9 in Hunt Valley, MD
- Community Action Partnership webinars – more info
- Webinar: Aspen Early Childhood and Health Forum: Aligning and Streamlining Systems to Secure Better Outcomes for Families, Feb. 13
- See newsletter for MCAP network job opportunities