Southeastern Association of Community Action Agencies
September 18-21 in Orlando, FL
Pre-Conference Events (Tuesday, Sept. 18)
SEACAA Poverty Symposium (separate registration required)
Jimmy Samuel Day of Service with Orange County Community Action, Inc., FL
Support childhood education with your donation of school supplies for low-income children.
New Executive Administrator Orientation
SEACAA Welcome Reception
General Sessions (Wednesday, Sept. 19 and Thursday, Sept. 20)
Jeff Barnes, Disney Author & Motivational Speaker
Scott Shellstrom, Creativity & Innovation Speaker
David Bradley, Co-Founder & CEO, NCAF
Updates from the National Community Action Foundation
Steve Gutzler, President, Leadership Quest
How to Perform Best Under Pressure
Seventeen workshops are being offered - see conference program for information on each session
Wednesday, September 19
- Reaching, Connecting & Responding to People of Color
- Non-Profits and the Justice Involved Population
- Finance for Non-Finance Professionals
- Building the Foundation for a Whole Family Approach
- Human Talent Management for Today
- Head Start Requirements for Boards & CAAs
Thursday September 20
- Track A: Meaningful Strategic Planning - Turning Strategy into Results!
- Track B: Indirect Costs: The Fundamentals
- Track A: The Dynamic Duo - Board of Directors and CEO Relationship
- Track B: Growing New Leaders Today for Tomorrow
- Track C: “To the Ropes”: ENVISIONing Leadership in the Fight Against Poverty - Part Is
- “To the Ropes”: ENVISIONing Leadership in the Fight Against Poverty - Part II
- ROMA for Boards of Directors
- Human Gentrification: The Key to Sufficiency
- Head Start Workshop with Dr. Deborah Bergeron
- The Annual Audit: From A to Z
- Risky Business – Invest in Risk
Learn more about SEACAA’s Awards including selection criteria and the nomination process.
Lonnie D. Burton Achievement Award to an individual who, through the assistance of a Community Action Program, has achieved a significant level of self-sufficiency and independence while recognition is given to the local Community Action Agency’s role in helping the nominee(s) to help themselves. This award focuses on the personal progress and achievements of the individuals who are nominated. CAA employees are not eligible for this award unless they are former recipients of CAA services.
William “Sonny” Walker Self-Sufficiency Award to a member organization of SEACAA or one whose interests SEACAA represents, not to an individual, although individual leadership will spur the award winning achievement(s).
Carl D. Perkins Human Service Award to be presented to an individual who consistently advocated and/or contributed to the growth, development and survival of Community Action Programs throughout Region IV (Southeast).