North Carolina Community Action Association
NC Empowered – September 2018
Open links to access complete articles
NCCAA Advisory Council Meets
Community Leaders Join New NCCAA Advisory Council – Six new Advisory Council Members have committed their expertise, diverse knowledge, connections, resources and assistance to advance the mission and work of the Association:
- Duke Energy – Lorrie Maggio, Manager, Community Outreach
- NC DHHS – Erika Ferguson, Director, Program on Healthy Opportunities, NC DHHS
- Public Media North Carolina – Susan Scott, Chief Advancement and Marketing Officer
- PNC Bank – Lori Jones Gibbs, Senior Vice President, Community Development Banking - The Carolinas
- News and Observer – Orage Quarles, former President
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina – Sophie McMillian, Community Relations Program Manager
Blue Cross NC's Healthy Home Initiative
Project Creates Healthier, Safer Homes – The Healthy Home Initiative project sponsored by Blue Cross NC will be administered by NCCAA and covers 56, mostly rural, NC counties. Eligible, income-qualified projects are those that will provide a healthier, safer environment in the home. Projects will kick -off in the last quarter of the year.
Mark Your Calendar!
2018 SEACAA Annual Conference
September 18-21 in Orlando, FL
2018 NCCAA Statewide Opioid Symposium
September 25 in Wilmington, NC
- Free Grant Workshops hosted by the NC Governor's Crime Commission
- 2019 NCCAA Conference, May 14-17 in Wilmington, NC
- NCCAA Case Management Certification Training begins in October
New Grounds Coffee breaking New Ground!
NCCAA broke new ground during a presentation on social enterprise and sustainability at a meeting of all Reentry Councils across the state, hosted by NC DPS with its NEW Grounds Coffee project last month!
New Grounds Coffee
NEW Grounds Coffee is coffee with a purpose! A Fresh Cup for A Fresh Start.