Region II Regional Performance and Innovation Consortia
Region II RPIC Newsletter – June 2018
New York * New Jersey * Puerto Rico * U.S Virgin Islands
See newsletter for the full article on each of these stories
RPIC Region II and Region III to Host T/TA Meeting
On August 15 & 16, NYSCAA and the Community Action Association of Pennsylvania (CAAP) will convene a two-day event in Harrisburg PA, bringing together state associations, state CSBG offices, representatives from the Office of Community Services (OCS), the National Community Action Partnership (NCAP), the National Association for State Community Services Programs, the Association of Nationally Certified ROMA Trainers (ANCRT) and others. As a part of the CSBG Training and Technical Assistance (T&TA) Regional Performance and Innovation Consortium (RPIC), stakeholders within Regions II and III to identify effective regional strategies to strengthen collaboration and to align training and technical assistance activities and resources among the statewide Community Action networks and the regions...
Funding Still Available for Hurricane Maria Puerto Rico Relief
The Community Foundation of Greater New Britain reports that funds are still available for Hurricane Maria Relief Efforts. A majority of the grants from this fund will go directly to Community Action Agencies and other appropriate organizations located in Puerto Rico whose mission is to assist families in the community which includes victims of the Hurricane after the emergency efforts end...
Request for Proposals: Hurricane Maria Puerto Rico Relief Fund at the Community Foundation
The Community Foundation of Greater New Britain and the American Savings Foundation, with leadership by Connecticut State Representative Bobby Sanchez of New Britain, New Britain Mayor Erin Stewart and the region’s Community Action Agency (Human Resources Agency of New Britain) together established the Hurricane Maria Puerto Rico Relief Fund at the Community Foundation...
Upcoming Professional Development Opportunities
- 2018 Community Action Partnership Annual Convention, Aug. 28-31 in Denver, CO
- NASCSP's Annual State Monitor’s Training Pre-Conference, Sept. 17-18 and the Core Conference, Sept. 19-21
- 2018 RPIC Conference, Sept. 27-28
NYSCAA Continues IT Webinar Series
- The Basics of running a presentation, July 13
- 2018 MS Word and the Basics of Word Processing, July 20
- 2018 Social Engineering, Data Protection, Op-Sec, Aug. 2
- Poll production- Survey Monkey and Doodle Poll, Aug. 16
- Microsoft Publisher and the basics of Desktop Publishing, Aug. 23
- Computing Basics Q&A, Sept. 6
- Basics of Adobe Acrobat, Sept. 20