Maryland Community Action Partnership
MCAP News – June 2018
See newsletter for the full story on each of these items
Community Action: Front and Center During Flood Relief Efforts
In the midst of floods and devastation, Community Action is on the front line assisting in relief efforts. "We are front and center" says Bita Dayhoff, the President of the Community Action Council of Howard County which serves the residents of Ellicott City. The agency is partnering with public and private businesses to come to the aid of those in need. The agency is also serving as a site for donations and goods – visit CAC-HC for more information and ways to help.
CFE Request for Proposal Released
Cities for Financial Empowerment Fund (CFE Fund) released a Request for Proposals seeking partners to expand the opportunity to integrate banking access into programs that work with high school age youth.
Announcement Release date May 29th. Application due date July 2nd.
- MCAP Board Engagement and Recruitment Roundtable, June 6
- Contribute to your NCAF State Goal, purchase your CAPFACTS Subscription and/or donate to NCAF today
Community Action Agency Highlights
- Garrett County Community Action Committee honor its volunteers.
- Montgomery Community Action Agency Celebrates 50th Year; Recognizes Volunteers, Awardees and Community Advocacy Institute Graduates
- Celebrating 54 Years of IMPACT, United Communities Against Poverty
News & Tools
- New evidence shows that our anti-poverty programs, especially Social Security, work well, Chicago Tribune
- Neighborhoods by Numbers: An Introduction to Finding and Using Small Area Data, Center for Community Progress
- Examining Core Homeless Service Interventions, National Alliance to End Homelessness webinar for the Community Action Partnership
See newsletter for listing of events