Ohio Association of Community Action Agencies
2017 State of Poverty in Ohio
Announcement of press conference to release report
The Ohio Association of Community Action Agencies (OACAA), in cooperation with Thoughtwell (formerly Community Research Partners), has released its annual State of Poverty in Ohio Report...
The report highlights factors and trends contributing to poverty in order to develop innovative solutions to helping people across our state break out of poverty.
Transcript of full testimony includes recommended steps that need to be taken in Ohio to reduce poverty and create an economy that works for all.
The report covers a variety of topics accompanied by corresponding data tables found in the Appendix.
- Defining Poverty
- Federal Poverty Measure
- Chronic and Episodic Poverty
- Asset Poverty
- Supplemental Poverty Measure
- Self-Sufficiency Standard and Self-Sufficiency Calculator for Ohio
- Geography of Poverty
- Food Insecurity
- Families in Poverty
- Poverty Numbers Declining, But Advocates Say Nearly A Third Of Population Still Needs Assistance (inc. audio), Statehouse News Bureau
- Editorial: Poverty report paints bleak picture in Ohio, The Canton Repository
- Ohio poverty report released, The Alliance Review