Illinois Association of Community Action Agencies
The Pathway to the Promise of Community Action
May 6-8 in Springfield, IL
This year's theme is "The Promise to the Pathway of Community Action." The Promise is a pledge for Community Action to help the families and individuals we serve achieve self-sufficiency and make positive changes in our communities. Informative training and sharing best practices is the key for our network to fulfill that promise.
- Families of Distinction Banquet
- Opening Session with Dr. Robert Lemon
- Addressing Community Action’s Role in Battling the Opioid Crisis, Denise Harlow, CEO,, Community Action Partnership
- Awards Luncheon (FCD Graduate Pinning/Awards)
Four tracks are being offered – see conference brochure for track/workshop descriptions and presenters.
Family Development, Organizational Standards and Customer Service
- Building a Road to Resilience
- LIFT Program-Fighting Poverty
- WX Panel on Technical Assistance
- WX: Quality from Start to Finish
Spirit of Hope
Cultural Competency, Self-Care, Collaboration and Partnerships and Local Theory of Change
- Self-care: Mindfulness for Families and Children
- 2-Perspective Approach to the Opioid Crisis
- The Importance of Cultural Competence in Creating Productive and Inclusive Communities
- Diversity & Inclusion Game and Lecture
Promise of Community Action
Leadership and Board Training
- Anti- Discrimination and Harassment in the Workplace
- The 21 Indispensable Qualities of a Leader
- Building Resources for Non-Profits
- Thoughts from the Field: Collaborations
A Better Place to Live
Workplace Safety, Trauma Informed Practices, Opioid Crisis and a Preview of Family Centered Coaching
- Preview of Family Centered Coaching-Two Generation Work and Integrated Services
- Poverty: Cycles of Risk
- Trauma Informed Care: Be the bridge for a child to help connect the dots....
- Adverse Childhood Experience (ACE): The What? The Who? The Why?