New York State Community Action Association
NYSCAA newsletter - March 2018
See newsletter for full story on each of these items
From the CEO
Thank you to everyone who joined us this month for our 12th Annual Symposium on Poverty and Economic Security... The theme of the 2018 Poverty Symposium revolved around health disparities - how health disparities exacerbate poverty and how poverty exacerbates health disparities...
- PEACE Inc. Recognized for 50 Years of Service
- Gearing Up for Community Action Month!
- Register Now for the Low-Income Forum on Energy Statewide Conference!
- NYSCAA Webinar: The basics of running a presentation, April 19
- Community Commons Article: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder in Young Men of Color
- NYS Oral Health Coalition Annual Meeting April 27th
- March is...Women’s History Month
Highlights at our Agencies
Community Action of Greene County "Woman of Weatherization" – see Women of Weatherization, The State of Poverty blog, NASCSP
Community Action staff from various agencies met with elected officials to promote #AWiseInvestment
ABC "Strategies 2 Success" Program Partnership with House of Mercy to Help Homeless
Community Action Partnership for Madison County Mentoring March Trip to 5 Wits
EOC of Nassau County honors "Storm Riders" for Women's History Month
Oswego County Opportunities to host "Bowl-A-Fun" Fundraiser