Action for a Better Community
Rochester, New York
Seeks VP for Finance
Respond by March 21, 2018
Summary of Responsibilities
Analyzes, records and reports the financial condition of the agency to the President & CEO and Board of Directors. Responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of ABC’s finances. Responsible for implementing internal controls, budgeting, cash flow and investments. Responsible for computer systems implementation and maintenance. Oversees facilities and fixed asset management and agency coordinated purchasing services. Oversees risk management activities. Provides the same services to the ABC Foundation and other affiliates and subsidiaries of the agency.
The above description covers the principle functions of the job. It is not intended to be a complete listing of all the miscellaneous incidental or substantially similar duties, which may be assigned during normal or emergency operations.
- Commitment to the mission of Action for a Better Community.
- Experience in a Senior Executive position with financial management responsibility in a $20 million plus organization.
- Knowledge of federal grants management and regulations for non-profit organizations.
- Awareness of current business, legal, and financial issues, specifically as it relates to Federal Funding.
- Experience with human services non-profit operations with multiple funding sources.
- Must be highly organized.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- CPA or MBA with minimum four years of experience in a senior management position or BS Degree in Accounting, plus 7 years experience in a senior fiscal management position of a $20 million plus organization.
If you are not comfortable with applying online, download application to complete a traditional application. Print the application, complete it and then bring it or mail it to:
Action for a Better Community, Inc.
Attn. Human Resources
550 East Main Street
Rochester, NY 14604
An Equal Opportunity Employer