North Carolina Community Action Association
NC Empowered – March 2018
See newsletter for complete articles
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR CSBG!
Virtual Community Action Online ADVOCACY DAYS, #AWiseInvestment
Wednesday, March 7th and Thursday, March 8th
Download the Advocacy Mini-Toolkit
2018 NCCAA Annual Conference
“Over Poverty” POVERTY 2018 Annual Conference
May 8-11 in Asheville, NC
Special events include:
- NC Opioid Forum & Resource Fair, May 8th
- Opening speaker: Distinguished Scholar and Keynote Speaker, James Johnson, Jr., William R. Kenan Jr. Distinguished Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship and Director, Urban Investment Strategies Center, UNC Kenan Flagler Business School, May 9th
- Statewide Board Leadership Summit featuring the infamous, Mel Gravely of the Gravely Group, Ernie Wright, Esq. and Invited CAPLAW Presenter, Allyson Ma’luf, May 11th
- 2018 NCCAA Award Presentations – Standing Awards – Essential Piece Award
Congratulations to NC's First Class of Nationally Certified ROMA Implementers!
OEO Scholarships Support NCRI
For individuals who wanted to enhance their understanding and application of the principles related to the Results Oriented Management and Accountability (ROMA) Framework, but did not wish to become a trainer or do traditional classroom style training to groups, the newly created Nationally Certified ROMA Implementer (NCRI) track was the perfect option – read more.
Keeping Your Nonprofit’s Content On Brand
Your nonprofit’s brand is more than your logo
What’s an EASY WAY TO CREATE ON-BRAND CONTENT?
Visuals are becoming an increasingly popular option largely because visual content relays facts, messages, and values better than written text alone. Visuals can tell a story in ways that no other form of content can—and is not limited to one platform or format. Latasha Doyle, blog editor at Easel.ly, says “Branding is about knowing your audience and evaluating all of your content to make sure it’s aligned with your cause.”
A bipartisan plea to stop “othering” those living on the economic margins.
America Can't Fix Poverty Until It Stops Hating Poor People, John A. Powell and Arthur Brooks, CirtyLab
Many different kinds of people have been harmfully “othered” throughout our country’s history, and the plights of these groups have received well-deserved attention and focus. But there is one group that we systematically other today—with hugely damaging consequences—while hardly even realizing that we are doing it. Those people are Americans living in poverty.
New Grounds Coffee
NEW Grounds Coffee
Good Fresh Roasted Coffee with a Purpose. The CAA beverage of choice for every CAA break room. Every cup supports the NCCAA Reentry Program. Stock up now!
- NCCAA Calendar featuring upcoming training events
- 2018 NCCAA Elections