New York State Community Action Association
NYSCAA newsletter - February 2018
See newsletter for full story on each of these items
From the CEO
We are now just two weeks away from our 12th Annual Symposium on Poverty and Economic Security, which will take place Wednesday, March 14th...
NYSCAA Remembers Aliya Anderson-Smith
With this newsletter, we sadly note the passing of Aliya Anderson-Smith, the Administrative Adviser for the Community Action Partnership of New Jersey...
Register NOW for the 2018 Poverty Symposium!
- Community Action Statement of Support for CSBG
- Poverty Symposium Partner Spotlight: Empire Justice Center
- Upcoming NYSCAA IT Webinars - Internet Research Tools (Marh 15) and The basics of running a presentation (April 19) - see newsletter for NYSCAA's May-October IT webinars
- Poverty Symposium Partner spotlight: Schuyler Center for Analysis and Advocacy
- February is Black History Month and American Heart Month
Highlights at our Agencies
Albany Community Action Partnership Announces 4th Annual "Dress for Success" Spring Clothing Sale
Multiple NY CAAs participate in "Wear Orange Day" on February 13th to raise awareness for Teen Dating Violence Month
Community Action Organization of Western New York Sponsors Middle School Students to see "Black Panther"
Economic Opportunity Commission of Nassau County, Inc. holds Black History Month Program
Chautauqua Opportunities, Inc. Announces Promotion of Diane Hewitt-Johnson
CAPCO to Co-Host Easter Egg Hunt