MASSCAP Training Center
What is the LDI?
The MASSCAP Training Center's Leadership Development Institute was created to establish an internal structure for the development and retention of leaders within the Community Action network and across the human services field. Our inaugural class of 2017 was a huge success and we're back to offer the Institute again to a new wave of future leaders!
The LDI is designed for mid- to senior-level managers who are interested in identifying, developing, and practicing their leadership and management abilities both personally and professionally to advance their careers. It includes six sessions led by academic and professional experts in the field, as well as a group CAPstone project to put what you learn to practical use within your organization.
Here's a list of topics we'll dive into:
- History and Philosophy of Community Action
- Self Awareness and Learning More About You and Your Workplace Style
- Leadership and Management Basics
- Emotional Intelligence
- Communication Skills
- Financial Management Skills
- Becoming an Effective Leader Using the MIT Leadership Institute's Four Capabilities
- Effective Presentation Techniques
- Data Driven Decision Making
- Leading Beyond Your Agency: Coalitions, Collaborations, Partnerships and Collective Impact
- Building Relationships and Trust
- Stakeholders and Power Brokers
- Understanding the Political Process on the Local, State and National Levels
See additional information for:
- Key Dates and Cost
- What is a CAPstone Project?
- Who are the Presenters?
- Application process