North Carolina Community Action Association
NC Empowered – September 2017
See newsletter for complete articles
NC Poverty Simulation
The NC Office of Economic Opportunity and NCCAA have partnered to bring the NC Poverty Simulation Experience to your District! This interactive professional development tool provides staff, board members, volunteers, and policymakers a window into the lives of North Carolina’s low-income families...
Push the Button to Help Victims and CAAs of Hurricane Irma in FL, our Region IV Sister State
A Donate Button has been set up on the homepage of the SEACAA website. 100% of all monetary donations will be used for supplies/and or services to assist families in communities recovering from Hurricane Irma.
Results are In! Head Start Family Engagement Certification Enhances Work
A new Head Start performance standard—1302.91 describes a new requirement for Family Engagement staff: “a program must ensure staff who work directly with families on the family partnership process hired after November 7, 2016, have within eighteen months of hire, at a minimum, a credential or certification in social work, human services, family services, counseling or a related field.” The North Carolina Community Action Association, in partnership with Delaware State University, has developed a Head Start Family Engagement Certification to meet this training need – see newsletter for more info including feedback from participants after completion of the course.
Disaster Preparedness Planning
Disaster can strike quickly and without warning. It can force you to evacuate your neighborhood or confine you to your home. What would you do if basic services–water, gas, electricity or tele- phones–were cut off? ...Families can–and do–cope with disaster by preparing in advance and working together as a team. Follow the steps listed in this brochure to create your family’s disaster plan...
- Welcome Community Action Opportunities to Facebook!
- NCCAA Seeking Job Placement Specialists
- Piedmont Triad Regional Council was recently one of 80 recipients awarded the 2017 NADO Innovation Award by the National Association of Development Organizations for their project, Collaboration for Greener Homes
- New additions to the NCCAA ROMA network
- CAPLAW Member Benefits
- Award-Winning Exhibition on Race at N.C. Museum of Natural Sciences
- Workshops Planned for NC Public Transportation Division Strategic Plan
- Fall is Here! Get Your Cowkies & Milk “Fall Relaxation Kit!
- NCCAA Calendar
- Upcoming Training Events