Ohio Association of Community Action Agencies
Family Development Specialist Certification
September 19-21 in Columbus, OH
The Family Development Specialist (FDS) model offers seven core skill sets. Upon completion of this training, attendees will become certified as a Family Development Specialist. Twenty-one (21) CPEs from the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker & Marriage and Family Therapist Board are approved.
Please note: To complete the certification, participants must attend all three full days of training.
Event Trainer: Bob Swanson, RS Consulting
Bob Swanson will certify attendees by covering the overall course objectives including:
- The ability to support and empower families through skillfully building a collaborative relationship.
- The ability to help families identify their goals and barriers and develop a plan to achieve their goals.
- The awareness and intervention strategies for dealing with challenging family issues including psychological, emotional and interpersonal.
- The skillful application of core coping skills for families with systemic understanding of families and their context.
- The ability to identify strengths, develop a plan and coordinate a network of resources in partnership with families to help them achieve their goals, including skillful application of family assessment tools (eco-map, geno-gram, timeline, matrix, balance wheel).
- The ability to advocate for families within communities through application of community organizational and group facilitation skills.
- The ability to access appropriate sources of professional growth, utilize self-awareness skills and ongoing self-care resources while providing Family Development services.
CPEs from the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker & Marriage and Family Therapist Board are pending.
Take advantage of this FREE FDS certification training! Space is limited to 30 participants - registration is closed. The registration limit has been met.