North Carolina Community Action Association
NC Empowered – August 2017
See newsletter for complete articles
NCCAA created Holy Cow! Let’s End Poverty to stir up more interest and awareness about poverty and at the same time create opportunities for agencies to generate unrestricted income – funds that can be used in any way the agency determines to be in its best interest.
MOO-TIPLE WAYS TO RAISE MOO-NEY FOR YOUR AGENCY
- Customize the Holy Cow! Let’s End Poverty© campaign to represent your agency – see examples of custom work
- Moo-vie Stars for a Cause
- Cowkie Crisps© and PoverTees© and Apparel
- Bring Hope to Your Community
- Donate Money/Become a Sponsor
How to Make Your Office More Efficient
Three tips for streamlining your operations (see newsletter for details):
- Kick clutter to the curb
- Make sure your organizational system works
- Promote teamwork
Become a Certified Community Action Professional (CCAP)
- Are you committed to the vision and values of Community Action?
- Are you committed to maintaining high ethical standards of professional conduct?
- Are you ready to showcase your experience and knowledge about the history, vision, and values of Community Action, as well as, the principles of good management?
If you answered yes to the questions above, consider becoming a CCAP! The Office of Economic Opportunity and NCCAA have partnered to provide NC Community Action professionals an opportunity to become a CCAP by sponsoring and coordinating a cohort of NC CCAP Candidates – see newsletter for details.
- 2018 NCCAA Annual Conference, May 8-11, Asheville, NC
- 2017 NCCAA Calendar
- Jeanne Tedrow named CEO, NC Center for Nonprofits
- Summer internship at NCCAA ends for local high school senior
- Native son, Rocky Cabagnot, named executive director of SRCAA
- Head Start success story is proof: Community action can pave the way to self-sufficiency, SRCAA
Duke Energy Helping Home Fund
Duke Energy Helping Home Fund to serve 700 additional income-qualified North Carolina families
- Households will receive energy-saving upgrades through $2.5 million investment
- 3,500 North Carolina families already have benefited from program since 2015
See newsletter for additional information including customer testimonials
What Gives You Hope During Tough Times!
Vital lessons learned from Helen Watson, Marketing Manager, eBay (see newsletter for details)
- Learn to trust yourself
- Focus on what you’re learning
- Ease your expectations
- Open up to someone you trust
- Use hope to drive positive action
Upcoming Training Events
Two all-day training events being held during SEACAA’s Annual Conference in Biloxi, MS
Regional Board Summit 2017
October 31, 2017
The Indispensable Administrative Assistant
November 1, 2017