Connecticut Association for Community Action
CAFCA Connections – April 18, 2017
See newsletter for full article on each of these stories
Community Action Highlights
- 19 graduate from YouthBuild program (Skyler Frazer, New Britain Herald, 4/14/17)
- Esty, Sanchez advocate against proposed funding cuts (Skyler Frazer, New Britain Herald, 4/12/17)
- Eastern to open veterans' coffeehouse (John Penny, Norwich Bulletin, 3/28/17)
Check It Out – Items of Interest
- Connecticut's harsh economic reality felt in ways large and small (Paul Stern, CT Mirror, 4/16/17)
- Lawmakers: Malloy is 'Not any type of lame duck' (Daniela Altimari, Courant, 4/15/17)
- Growing wait list for child care subsidies taking its toll (Kyle Constable, CT Mirror, 4/11/17)
- Meals on Wheels provides nourishment, companionship, wellness check (Ann Baldelli, The Day, 4/8/17)
- Wall Street agency warns CT budgets will bleak for years (Keith M. Phaneuf, CT Mirror, 4/5/17)
- A chain of caring people delivers Meals on Wheels (Susan Campbell, Courant, 3/30/17)
- There are better budget options than raising taxes and cutting services for poor, middle class (Derek Thomas, CT Viewpoints, 4/4/17)
CAANH's Passport to Prosperity Walk and Activity Day – more info.
TEAM's 10th Men Who Cook – The evening will consist of a silent auction, a raffle for a Caribbean vacation, music, and fifty food stations of dishes prepared by 90+ male volunteer chefs – more info.
TVCCA's Carnevale Benefit for Meals on Wheels – The Thames Valley Council for Community Action (TVCCA) will host its 7th annual Carnevale Annual Benefit for Meals on Wheels on Saturday, May 20th – more info.
CAAWC's Third Annual Wine Tasting – more info.
See newsletter for listing