North Carolina Community Action Associations
NC Empowered – March 2017
See newsletter for complete articles
Calling all Community Action Board Members!
2017 NCCAA Board Summit
Friday, May 12 in Concord, NC
Presenters: Kay Sohl, Kay Sohl Consulting – Freeman Denton, Interim Director, NC OEO and Sharon C. Goodson, Executive Director, NCCAA
National Webinar on the President’s Proposed Budget
April 5th at 4:30 PM EDT - more info
NCAF, CAPLAW and Community Action Partnership
The Role of the Nonprofit Board: Four Essential Factors for Effective Governance
Alice Korngold, President of Korngold Consulting LLC, explains the role of the board in her article featuring:
- Achievement: The role of the board is to achieve the organization’s greater potential as well as its
- Accountability: The board’s role is to ask: “How do we know?”
- Ownership: The board under- stands that the organization’s suc- cess is their responsibility.
- Oversight: Board oversight is essential; it’s also not enough.
Better world – When board members embrace their responsibility, commit to engage productively, and contribute generously, then they can accomplish great things in achieving the mission and the organization’s greater potential. That’s the role of the board!
Day of Service to Benefit Veterans & Returning Citizens
Every year for the Day of Service at our annual conference we focus on giving and offering extra support to members of our community. This year we are focusing on two groups of men and women who need the full support of the community to acclimate themselves to daily life...
See newsletter for these stories
- Congratulations to North Carolina’s New Nationally Certified ROMA Trainers!
- Welcome New OEO Staff!
- Choanoke Area Development Association of Rich Square, NC, Inc. will celebrate Fifty-Five Years of Service with a Fundraising Banquet on Friday, April 28, 2017
- Johnston-Lee-Harnett Community Action of Smithfield, NC will celebrate its participants and staff with their Annual Agency Banquet on Monday, May 1, 2017
Other items of interest
- CAPLAW two-part webinar series – Part One: Make Your Voice Heard: Advocacy and Lobbying (April 4) and Part Two: Political Activity: Playing by the Rules (April 11)
- NC Office of Economic Opportunity & NCCAA Host District Meetings
- NCCAA Launches New & Improved NCROMA.org!
- NCCAA Social Media Contest Update!