Community Action Partnership of Oregon
CAPO Newsletter – January/February 2017
See newsletter for full story on each of these items
NeighborImpact Featured in New Publication
Central Oregon nonprofit NeighborImpact is featured in a new book, “NeighborWorks Works: Practical Solutions from America’s Community Development Network.” The book was released last week. The book highlights innovative solutions to affordable housing and community development challenges...
The Smithsonian: America’s Working Poor
A Photographic Chronicle of America's Working Poor – Smithsonian’s Dale Maharidge takes a landmark journey from Maine to California to evaluate how far, or not, we have come in our 30 year fight against poverty...
Two articles stand out in the latest newsletter: Spotlight on Poverty and Opportunity
Why CAAs are so important…the 27th Largest Employer in Oregon?
Major employers are an important part of any state’s economic fabric for both obvious and subtle reasons. First the obvious: They employ hundreds of people and buy supplies and services from other local companies. The less obvious: They indirectly help other companies by attracting and training talented employees, some of whom move on to start their own companies. Whether it’s by supporting a local charity, voluntarily teaching skills to others or sponsoring an event, participating in acts of “giving back” has extensive benefits of helping the local community. They bring up the standard of living in their communities as well as ensure the health and welfare of their own employees.
In 2016, based on the US Dept. of Labor statistics, if Oregon’s Community Action Network were a single employer, it would be the 27th largest employer in Oregon.
Need your finance or HR questions answered?
501 Commons offers two options for nonprofits that are both quick and affordable: Finance Quick Consult and HR Quick Consult. For only $25 per 15-minute increment you can have your question(s) answered by an experienced nonprofit professional...
See newsletter for more info on:What a way to start the year…
- Oregon's "Snowmaggedon" 2017 – CAA photos
- 2017 Regions 8 & 10 Community Action Conference
- Calling All Young Artists – The Fair Housing Council of Oregon opens their 19th annual fair housing poster contest...
- The Oregon Health Authority Office of Equity and Inclusion is asking for help in planning for the implementation of the Oregon House Bill 2134 for the collection of race, ethnicity, language and disability (REAL D) demographic data...
- News from Douglas and Josephine Counties – UCAN is just completing a campaign to raise the funding necessary to build an Early Childhood Service Center on the Non-Profit Campus...
- Training and Technical Assistance – Listing of upcoming events provided by the Nonprofit Association of Oregon
- Researching Grant Opportunities at the Library (training event)
- Story Telling Training – Make Your Voice Heard!
- CAPO Calendar
- Grant Info
- Current Job Openings
- Current Training Opportunities