Connecticut Association for Community Action
CAFCA Connections – January 12, 2017
See newsletter for full article on each of these stories
Happy New Year!
Community Action Highlights
- Acquired by HRA, Bristol agency wraps up (Eve Britton, New Britain Herald, 12/31/16)
- TVCCA and Subaru Share the Love Event (12/22/16)
Check It Out – Items of Interest
- IRS delaying tax refunds for millions to curb identity theft (Stephen Ohlemacher, Associated Press, 1/11/17)
- The toll poverty takes on children's mental health (Mary Elizabeth Dallas, CBS News, 1/10/17)
- Connecticut's unfunded pension liability increases to worst level in years (Christine Stuart, CT News Junkie, 1/6/17)
- Malloy warns of need for concessions, smaller government, new aid formulas (Mark Pazniokas, CT Mirror, 1/4/17)
- Minimum wage rises in Connecticut as new year begins (Associated Press, 1/1/17)
- CT identified $50 million in mid-year cuts to municipalities (Jacqueline Rabe Thomas, CT Mirror, 12/29/16)
RSVP Veterans Coffeehouse Fundraiser – The Real Wives of Windham County are hosting a fundraiser to raise money and awareness for the RSVP Veterans Coffeehouse, sponsored by Thames Valley Council for Community Action, Inc...more info.
See newsletter for listing