New York State Community Action Association
See newsletter for full story on each of these items
From the CEO
As mid-summer is here, I hope you have the opportunity to sit back, relax and enjoy some fun in the sun. At the same time, as you know, many of our customers and neighbors not only do not have the opportunity for a vacation in the sun, they struggle to balance the summer demands of child care for school age children now home all day and the cost and challenge of providing healthy, adequate nutrition to children who are not now receiving any meals at school. I know that many of our Community Action Agencies provide or support summer feeding programs and activities for school age children, services that surely help many families make it through the long, hot days of summer…
Photos from 2016 Professional Development Conference.
See NYSCAA Employment Listings for updates on openings throughout the network.
2017 CCAP – Now is the Time!
Are you a graduate of our Emerging Leaders program? If so, CCAP is a natural continuation of your professional development process and of your commitment to Community Action. Have you been working in Community Action for years? Now is the time to be recognized for your knowledge, skills and accomplishments in Community Action.
CCAP is a nationally recognized credential that improves the individual’s and the organization’s standing and marketability, providing an edge in competing for public and private funds and maintaining the high quality of work of Community Action’s founders. Certification is designed for current and emerging managers and leaders in the Community Action profession…NYSCAA will soon begin to work with a new CCAP cohort for 2017…
Updates at our Agencies!
- Donation! – Ellis Chevrolet Buick GMC recently donated a new Pontiac Montana van to the Joint Council for Economic Opportunity of Clinton and Franklin Counties' Food Services Program.
- New Certifications – Lewis County Opportunities announced they have two new car seat techs.
- Summer Fun – Cattaraugus Community Action hosted their Annual Summer Fun Festival on July 14th.
- New Housing – Pathstone Corporation and Rochester's Cornerstone Group, Ltd. had a ribbon cutting ceremony for their new innovative and affordable Long Pond Senior Housing development. The development consists of 54 rental units.
- Welcome! – Community Action Partnership of Madison County is happy to announce the appointment of their new Executive Director, Antara Mitra.
In the News & Helpful Tips
- Public Hearing and opportunity to comment on the State Plan is August 8th…
- The Annual CCAP Luncheon will be held on Wednesday August 31 from 12:45 - 1:45 PM at the Partnership's annual convention…
- New York Expands food-stamp eligibility. New rules took effect July 1 to raise the income limit for food stamps from 130 percent of the federal poverty line to 150 percent for working households…
- July is National Ice Cream Month!
Webinars & Conferences
See newsletter for listing of upcoming events