Arkansas Community Action Agencies Association
See newsletter for full story on each of these items
ACAAA Actions • Agency News & Announcements
- ACAAA Board of Directors is having a two-day board meeting/training session, July 20-21. Training topic: HR Focus: Wage, Overtime Rule & HR Hot Topic Training.
- Webinars about Microsoft Office Suite starting May 11 – see newsletter for monthly webinar dates from July through December, plus more info and registration
- ACAAA Promo Video: Community Action Impacts Lives
Upcoming Actions • Mark Your Calendars!
- Community Action Partnership Annual Convention – August 30 – September 2
- NASCSP 2016 Annual Training Conference – September 27-30 in Omaha, NE
- NCAF Request for Action: Send info on CAA involvement with low-income banking opportunities, anti-predatory lending, and general financial opportunities available in low-income communities
Educational Action • Webinars & Materials of Interest
- New Fiscal Year, New Deals on Tech Soup, TechSoup webinar, Thursday, July 7
- Shared Housing as a Solution for Single Adults Experiencing Homelessness, National Alliance to End Homelessness webinar, Tuesday, July 12 – more info
- Early Head Start/Child Care Initiative Application Process, Community Action Partnership webinar, Tuesday, July 12
- Introduction to Project Budgets, GrantSpace webinar, Wednesday, July 13
- Module 1 & 2 –State Administration & Agency Expenditures, Capacity, and Resources, NASCSP webinar recording, Thursday, July 14
- An Introduction to Online Fundraising for Small and Medium-Sized Nonprofits, CharityHowTo webinar, Tuesday, July 19
- Introduction to Fundraising Planning, GrantSpace webinar, Wednesday, July 20
- It’s a RAP! Creating a Relationship Action Plan for YOUR Major Donors, 4Good.org webinar, Wednesday, July 20
- Fatherhood Engagement in Community Action: Resources from the National Fatherhood Initiative, Community Action Partnership webinar, Thursday, July 21
- Assessing the Use of Debt (Loans) in Community Development: Upsides and Downsides, Community Action Partnership webinar, Wednesday, July 27
- VirtualCAP RoundUP – Volume 2 Issue 6: Focus Topic: Pathways to a Brighter Future for “At-Risk” Youth
- New resources on Trauma Informed Care have been added to the CSBG Training & Technical Assistance Resource Center. Also at the Resource Center: find Performance Management guides and webinars…
Agency Actions • News & Notes from around the State
Southwest Arkansas Development Council recognized “International MPS Awareness Day” this May by wearing purple…
Arkansas River Valley Area Council’s new video to recognize the efforts of their volunteers!
Employees of the Month
- Tiffany Caldwell, Emergency Services Coordinator, Community Action Program for Central Arkansas
- Rhonda Brown, Crowley’s Ridge Development Council
Social Action – Community Action Facebook Family
See newsletter for links to Facebook pages of each CAAs in Arkansas.