New York State Community Action Association
See newsletter for full story on each of these items
From the CEO
June has been a busy month for us here at NYSCAA. We once again convened our annual Professional Development Conference with our partners at NYSWDA…I then had the opportunity to continue my learning and networking at the CAPLAW Conference, an excellent event with national speakers and experts who always have something to teach me…
NYSCAA & NYSWDA’s 2016 Professional Development Conference
NYSCAA's Region II RPIC Human Resource, Finance, and Leadership Conference
September 15 and 16, Binghamton, NY – more info
Community Action Winners!
Winners recognized at the NYSCAA 2016 Awards Ceremony and Dinner at the Professional Development Conference:
- Community Action Vision and Values: Annette Marchese, NYS Department of State
- Leadership: Sandra Virts, Wayne County Action Program, Inc.
- Innovation: CCA Wellness Works, Cattaraugus Community Action, Inc.
- Service: Gail Bundy, Cortland County Community Action Program, Inc.
- Personal Achievement: Richard Beirman, Community Action Planning Council of Jefferson County, Inc.
NYSCAA’s New Board Officers
- President: Laura Rossman, Pro Action of Steuben and Yates, Inc.
- Vice President: Lindy Glennon, Cortland County Community Action Program, Inc.
- Treasurer: Mike Bobbitt, NYC Department of Youth and Community Development
- Secretary: Laurie Piccolo, Cayuga/Seneca Community Action, Inc.
Updates at our Agencies!
- 7,894: This fantastic number represents the number of miles Oswego County Opportunities, Inc. employees logged in their Fabulous 50-Mile Walking Challenge between May 1st and June 18th…
- Open House: Community Action Partnership for Madison County, Inc. hosted an open house for their Transitional Apartments
- 50 Years of Head Start: In celebration of Head Start's 50th Anniversary, Delaware Opportunities, Inc.'s Head Start Program highlighted one of their Head Start centers each month50 Years of Head Start…
- Donation! – Employees from the Bonadio Group collected and donated 307 pounds of non-perishable food items to Niagara Community Action Program, Inc. for distribution to needy families.
In the News & Helpful Tips
- OCS Releases ROMA Next Generation (Proposed CSBG Annual Report) for 60-day public comment period…
- New Yorkers can find quality, affordable Health Insurance at NY State of Health
- June is National Safety Month
- The Partnership is Hiring. The Partnership is now hiring for a Grant Contract Compliance Coordinator and an Event Program Assistant...
Webinars & Conferences
See newsletter for listing of upcoming events