New York State Community Action Association
New York State Weatherization Directors Association
2016 Professional Development Conference
June 16 & 17, 2016 in Binghamton, NY
See workshop descriptions for more info on each session. NYSWDA workshops are noted in each block
Thursday, June 16
- CAPTAIN - The Lighthouse Effect: CAP Systems, Inc. - Brian Cayer
- Using Data and Maps to Support the Community Needs Assessment Process: Institute for People, Place, and Possibility - Jamie Kleinsorge, MS
- Minimum Wage Panel - Moderator: Maureen Abbott - Tioga Opportunities, Inc.; Panelists: Lee Dilllon - Tompkins Community Action, Inc., Katherine Maciol - CEO, and Claire Murphy - Washington County EOC, Inc.
- Bolster the Low Income Voice: Community Action Angels - Pat Standish
- NYSWDA: Staff Progression and Skills Development: A Clear Path to Program Growth - Andy Stone - NYSWDA and John Carrigan - RECAP
- Best Practices for Conducting a Comprehensive Community Needs Assessment - Marge Garcia - Adirondack Community Action Programs Inc., Courtney Kohler - Missouri Association for Community Action, and Tricia Ottley - Cayuga/Seneca Community Action Agency, Inc.
- Agency Wide Technology Solution: CAP 60 - Hamid Kohan
- Introduction to Collective Impact & Data Collaboration: Collective Impact, LLC - Bruce Decker and Denina Bautti-Cascio
- NYSWDA: Myth Busters for Weatherization Part I - Andy Stone - NYSWDA; Panelists: Bob De Young - Seneca County Office for Aging, Denise Peroulakis - Cortland County Community Action Program, Inc., Kelly Pitt - Schoharie County Community Action Program, Inc., and Sally Ward - PEACE, Inc.
- Managing Tech for Non-Techie Leaders - Laura Rossman - Pro Action of Steuben & Yates, Inc. and Jeffery Travis - Endeavor Services Group, LLC
- Census Data on Poverty, Income, and Income Inequality: U.S. Census Bureau - Trudi Renwick
- Great/Replicable Programs - Dawn Brucie - Pro Action of Steuben and Yates, Inc., Mike Bobbitt - NYC Department of Youth and Community Development, Ellen Holst - Oswego County Opportunities, Inc., and Tina Zerbian - Cattaraugus Community Action, Inc.
- Voice of the Customer: New York State Department of State - Annette Marchese
- NYSWDA: Myth Busters for Weatherization Part II: Andy Stone - NYSWDA; Panelists: Joe Maggiore - Delaware Opportunities, Inc., Max Sammons - Cortland County Community Action Program, Inc., and Marc Sustache - PEACE, Inc.
Friday, June 17
- Building Supervisory Relationships Part I: Human Resources and Organizational Development Consultant - Janet Waterston
- What’s Your PQ (Poverty Quotient)? - NYSCAA Kim McMann
- NYSCAA/NYSWDA: Micro-Business Opportunities Part I - Matt Anderson - Building Performance Institute, Katie Bronson - Syracuse Outcome Broker, Rebecca Hughes - NYSERDA, Elizabeth McDade - Rochester Safe and Efficient Homes Initiative, Maureen Pedrotti - CDC of Long Island, Beth Ryan - HCR, and Max Sammons - Cortland County Community Action Program, Inc.
- Building Supervisory Relationships Part II: Human Resources and Organizational Development Consultant - Janet Waterston
- Creating Communications with your Audience in Mind: Nonprofit Works - John Wilner
- NYSCAA/NYSWDA: Micro-Business Opportunities Part II - Matt Anderson - Building Performance Institute and Christopher Coll - NYSERDA
- Dreaded Conversations: Human Resources and Organizational Development Consultant - Janet Waterston
- New Directors Round-table: NYSCAA - Karla Digirolamo
- New Directors Round-table: NYSWDA - Andy Stone