Arkansas Community Action Agencies Association
See newsletter for full story on each of these items
ACAAA Actions • Agency News & Announcements
- 2016 ACAAA Annual Conference, May 25-27
- ACAAA Board of Directors will meet on Tuesday, May 24
- CAP60 Trainings being held in May and June
- Free instruction webinars about Microsoft Office Suite starting May 11 – see newsletter for monthly webinar dates from May through December, plus more info and registration
- Legislative Breakfast – ACAAA recently played host to a special “Legislative Breakfast” held at the State Capitol to provide an opportunity for members of the Community Action network to speak with their area Senators and Representatives on the subject of how they might work together to empower individuals and families towards self-sufficiency.
Upcoming Actions • Mark Your Calendars!
- May is National Community Action Month (toolkit available from the Community Action Partnership)
- National Energy and Utility Affordability Coalition will be holding its Annual Conference – Building Bridges: The New Frontier! — from June 6-8 In Denver, CO
- CAPLAW – National Training Conference – June 22-24 in Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- NASCSP – 2016 Annual Training Conference – September 27-30 in Omaha, NE
Educational Action • Webinars & Materials of Interest
- TechSoup is offering a free webinar – Storymakers 4: Using Photos to Tell Your Organization's Story, Thursday, May 5
- Network for Good is offering a free webinar – Nonprofit 911: Creating a Spring Campaign to Retain Donors & End Your Fiscal Year in the Black – Tuesday, May 10
- 4Good.org is offering a free webinar – Effective Strategic Planning Part 3: Measure, Monitor, Report, Wednesday, May 11
- GrantSpace is offering a free webinar – Introduction to Proposal Writing, Wednesday, May 18
- Community Action Partnership is conducting a series of free Learning Communities webinars – Trauma Informed Approaches: A Guide to the Resources, Wednesday, May 11 and Bundling Services Resource Webinar, Tuesday, June 7
- Community Action Partnership is conducting a Community Economic Development and Community Action series of four webinars scheduled from April through July
- VirtualCAP RoundUP, Volume 2 Issue 4
- NASCSP publication – Harnessing the Conversation: Raising Awareness of the Community Services Block Grant Program Using Social Media
- CAPLAW articles about the Department of Health & Human Services’ Decision Appeal Board
- CAPLAW, in collaboration with the national Community Action Partnership, conducted a five-part free webinar series in April “to provide new and seasoned CAA Leaders with an overview of the many legal requirements that they will work with on a regular basis.” View the webinar recordings and presentations.
Agency Actions • News & Notes from around the State
- New Executive Director – Leslie Paschal Barnes, Community Services Office
- Crowley's Ridge Development Council – redesigned website
- Central Arkansas Development Council recently christened their newly remodeled Gurdon Senior Activity Center
- Southwest Arkansas Development Council grand opening of new senior center
- Economic Opportunity Agency of Washington County's "TEAM EOA" participated in the Susan G Komen for the Cure — Ozark Affiliate race
Social Action – Community Action Facebook Family
See newsletter for links to Facebook pages of each CAAs in Arkansas.