Community Action Association of Alabama
A New Standard: Raising the Bar
May 16-19, 2016 in Orange Beach, AL
- Strategic Planning: A Deep Dive into the Nuts and Bolts – Jarle Crocker, National Community Action Partnership
- Fiscal Officers Roundtable
- Board of Directors Meeting
- Financial Excellence – Karl Eck, Wipfli
- New Standard for Community Action – Denise Harlow, National Community Action Partnership
- ROMA Next Generation – Jenae Bjelland, National Association for State Community Service Programs
- Jeannie Chaffin, Office of Community Services
Workshops will be presented in seven time periods – see Conference Program Booklet for a complete description of each workshop.
Tuesday, May 17
- High Performance Organizations: Beginning with YOU – Consuela Thompson, Georgia Community Action Association
- Fairytales & Fundraising for Boards – Kimberly Richardson, Kimberly Richardson Consulting
- Community Action Standards of Excellence--Moving Beyond Organizational Standards (Pathways) – Denise Harlow, National Community Action Partnership
- AWA/ Weatherization Mini Track – Priority Measures List, H&S Cost, ASHREA
- Building Resilience: Neuropsychology of Success – Julie Jakopic, iLead Strategies
- Navigating the Governance Life Cycle – Brian Tipton, The Private Client Law Group, P.C.
- Housing & Opportunities Part I - Facilitator: Michael Tubbs / Guest Panelist: Heidi Schoonover-BB&T, Mary Ellen Judah- Neighborhood Concepts, John Olsen, FDIC and Regions Bank
- AWA/ Weatherization Mini Track – WAP Roundtable
- Beyond Sustainability – Julie Jakopic, iLead Strategies
- Governance Tune Up – Brian Tipton, The Private Client Law Group, P.C.
- Housing & Opportunities Part II
- AWA/ Weatherization Mini Track – Monitoring Review
- Performance with Power, Passion and Purpose – Consuela Thompson, Georgia Community Action Association
- Positive Planning for Boards – Kimberly Richardson, Kimberly Richardson Consulting
- Raising the Bar: Best Practices in Fiscal Excellence – Keith Hundley, Carr, Riggs & Ingram, LLC
Wednesday, May 18
- From Service Delivery to Outcome Focus
- Boards Impact on the Local Economy - William Holt, Agricultural Labor Program, Inc.
- Head Start and Community Action Agency Fee for Service (Earning Income) – Keith Hundley, Carr, Riggs & Ingram, LLC
- ROMA Next Generation for Executive Directors – Jenae Bjelland, NASCSP
- Effective Case Management Part I – Ben Ramsey, GLM Management Consulting Group, LLC
- Defining Tripartite Board & Shared Governance – William Holt, Agricultural Labor Program, Inc.
- Technology 101: Basic Tools and Techniques— Fred Harvey & Nathan Curry, Community Action Partnership of North Alabama
- Effective Case Management Part II
- Organizational Standards: Met & Not Met - Maureen Neighbors, & Rhoda Talley, ADECA
- Technology Techniques to Transform Your Agency – Fred Harvey & Nathan Curry, Community Action Partnership of North Alabama
Thursday, May 19
Breakfast & Best Roundtables
This popular session never disappoints as CAA’s across the state share best practices, discuss changes affecting the network and discover new strategies for moving forward.