Ohio Association of Community Action Agencies
State of Poverty 2015
Understanding Economic Hardship Across Generations
From Press Conference Testimony by Philip Cole, OACAA Executive Director
For the past several years, OACAA has worked with Community Research Partners to develop the annual State of Poverty Report to highlight trends and challenges, while dispelling myths about poverty. We aim to shed light on the real issues low-income Ohioans face on their path to self-sufficiency.
Transcript of full testimony includes recommended steps that need to be taken in Ohio to reduce poverty and create an economy that works for all.
- Suburban poverty on the rise in Columbus, Columbus Dispatch
- New Report Finds Ohio Poverty Numbers are Unchanged (inc. audio),WKSU News
- New study shows poverty plagues all of Ohio, but we've got it worse than a lot of places,WCPO
- Report: More Than A Sixth Of Ohioans Live In Poverty, WYSO
The Report covers a variety of topics accompanied by corresponding data tables.
- Defining Poverty
- Federal Poverty Measure
- Supplemental Poverty Measure
- Self-Sufficiency Calculator for Ohio
- Asset Poverty
- Chronic and Episodic Poverty
- Geography of Poverty
- Labor Market
- Child Food Insecurity
- Aging Out of Foster Care
- Grandparent Caregivers
- Income Mobility