Arkansas Community Action Agencies Association
See newsletter for full story on each of these items
ACAAA Actions • Agency News & Announcements
- ACAAA is hosting a series of CAP60 Trainings
- ACAAA Board of Directors will meet on Wednesday, March 23
- ACAAA Board of Directors will meet on Thursday, March 24 for training on “FY 2017 Community Action Plan for CAAs.”
- Several ACCAAA Committee meetings are being held in March
- 2016 ACAAA Annual Conference – May 25-27 with pre-conference gathering on May 24
- ACAAA t-shirts soon-to-be-available as part of the association’s big NCAF fundraiser
- Check out the new ACAAA website
Upcoming Actions • Mark Your Calendars!
- NCAF will be holding its 2016 Legislative Conference on March 15 – 18 in Washington, D.C.
- Philander Smith College Health & Wellness Department is hosting their 2nd annual Mind, Body & Soul Health Fair on Friday, April 1
- CAPLAW National Training Conference – June 22-24 in Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Educational Action • Webinars & Materials of Interest
- NASCSP is hosting a ROMA Next Generation webinar series, March 3 – April 1
- 4Good.org is offering a free webinar – Strategic Planning Part 1: Cultivation & Organizational Development – Wednesday, March 16
- GrantSpace is offering a free webinar – Introduction to Finding Grants – Wednesday, March 16
- Community Action Partnership is conducting a series of free Learning Communities webinars including two in March: Bundling Services Resources and Poverty Trends, Session 1 – more information and registration
- Community Action Partnership is offering Part 3 of its webinar series, CCAP, Is It for Me? on Wednesday, March 30
- TechSoup is offering a free webinar – Excel for Beginners – Thursday, March 31
- CAPLAW, in collaboration with the national Community Action Partnership, is conducting a five-part free webinar series beginning in April: the CAA Leaders’ Legal Guide, which “aims to provide new and seasoned CAA Leaders with an overview of the many legal requirements that they will work with on a regular basis.”
- NASCSP has released its 2015 CSBG Highlights” Fact Sheet for Arkansas, featuring data from the FY2014 CSBG IS Survey.
Agency Actions • News & Notes from around the State
Black River Area Development Corporation recently held a groundbreaking to kick off the construction of a new 32-unit housing facility for low-income families – see news story.
Central Arkansas Development Council recently held a ribbon-cutting to celebrate their newly renovated CADC Lonoke office.
River Valley Regional Food Bank – the food bank for Crawford-Sebastian Community Development Council – recently christened this newly-received 24' Hino 268A refrigerated Bob truck that was made possible by a generous Walmart Foundation State Giving Grant – photos.
Employees of the Month – see newsletter for details
- Kelley Reames Arkansas River Valley Area Council
- Dawn Bommarito Community Action Program for Central Arkansas
- Amie Davis-Zetlmaier Crowley’s Ridge Development Council (January)
- Matthew Hall, Crowley’s Ridge Development Council (March)
Social Action – Community Action Facebook Family
See newsletter for links to Facebook pages of each CAAs in Arkansas.