New York State Community Action Association
1st 100 registrants receive a copy of our Keynote Speaker Luke Shaefer's book
$2.00 a Day - Living on Almost Nothing in America
The New York State Community Action Association is holding its 10th Annual Symposium on Poverty & Economic Security and Advocacy Day in Albany, NY on Tuesday, March 8th and Wednesday, March 9th.
Tuesday, March 8
Luke Shaefer, Associate Professor of Social Work & Public Policy, University of Michigan School of Social Work
Fiscal Policy Institute
Panel I: Assets & Policy
- Kristin Brown Lilley, Empire Justice Center (Facilitator)
- Ron Deutsch, Fiscal Policy Institute
- Bill Vogt, Chautauqua Opportunities, Inc.
- Saima Akhtar, Empire Justice Center
Empire Justice Center
Hunger Solutions NY
Panel II: ABAWDS & SNAP
- Sherry Tomaksy, Hunger Solutions (Facilitator)
- Dawn Secor, Hunger Solutions NY
- Christina Ehlers, Cayuga/Seneca Community Action Agency, Inc.
- John James, Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance
Schuyler Center for Advocacy and Analysis
Panel III: Child Care
- Bob Frawley, NYS Early Childhood Care Advisory Council (Facilitator)
- Janice Molnar, NYS Office of Children & Family Services
- Cathy Brodeur, Community Action Planning Council of Jefferson County, Inc.
- Susan Antos, Empire Justice Center
Legislative Reception (Tuesday evening)
Wednesday, March 9
Advocacy Day – Visits with Legislators