National Association for State Community Services Programs
From FY14 CSBG Information System (CSBG IS) Survey
- 15.9 million low-income individuals in 6.9 million families
- 71.43% of families served were living below 100% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Nearly 33% of families served were in severe poverty living below 50% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- 4.4 million children
- 2.0 million people with disabilities
- 2.3 million seniors
- 2.4 million individuals who lacked health insurance
- The CSBG Network’s funding totaled $13.8 billion
- $619 million CSBG dollars supported the core activities of the CSBG Network
- Including all federal sources, the CSBG Network leveraged $21.31 per $1 of CSBG
- For every CSBG $1, the Network leveraged $7.96 from state, local, and private sources, including the value of volunteer hours
CSBG Network National Performance Outcomes
Services and strategies provided by the CSBG Network resulted in 33.3 million outcomes for participants and communities with low incomes. Outcomes include:
6.8 million low-income participants in CSBG Network employment initiatives obtained supports which reduced or eliminated barriers to initial or continuous employment, acquired a job, obtained an increase in employment income, or achieved “living wage” employment and benefits.
Economic Asset Enhancement and Utilization
0.4 million low-income households achieved an increase in financial assets or financial skills.
Child and Family Development
4.3 million infants, children, youth, parents, and other adults participated in developmental or enrichment programs facilitated by the CSBG Network and achieved program goals.
Independent Living for Low-Income Vulnerable Populations
3.5 million low-income vulnerable individuals received services from the CSBG Network and maintained an independent living situation as a result.
3.6 million participants with low incomes obtained supports which reduced or eliminated barriers to family stability through assistance from the CSBG Network.
9.4 million low-income individuals and families received emergency assistance from the CSBG Network.
Community Opportunities and Resources
3.8 million community opportunities or resources were improved or expanded for low-income people as a result of CSBG Network projects or partnerships with other public and private agencies.
1.1 million community members and low-income people mobilized to engage in activities that support and promote their own well-being and that of their community as a direct result of CSBG Network initiatives through maximum feasible participation.