Arkansas Community Action Agencies Association
See newsletter for full story on each of these items
ACAAA Actions • Agency News & Announcements
- ACAAA Board of Directors will meet on Wednesday, January 20
- Fundraising and Advocacy Training on Thursday, January 21 featuring guest speakers Rich Huddleston and Kerri Sernal—Executive Director and Outreach Director, respectively, from Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families—and Bill Kopsky, Executive Director of the Arkansas Public Policy Panel
- History of the War on Poverty workshop from February 9 – 11 presented by David Bradley, Executive Director, NCAF
- ACAAA Board of Directors will meet on Wednesday, February 17
- ACAAA website has a brand new look for 2016! – Check out the all-new look at www.acaaa.org!
Upcoming Actions • Mark Your Calendars!
- 2016 Mid-Winter Training Conference for NASCSP will be held February 22-26, 2016, in Alexandria, VA.
- NCAF will be holding its 2016 Legislative Conference on March 15 – 18 in Washington, D.C..
Educational Action • Webinars & Materials of Interest
- TechSoup is offering a free webinar: Getting Technology Donations Through TechSoup, Thursday, January 7
- Network for Good is offering a free webinar: Nonprofit 911: You Oughta Be in Pictures: How Infographics Show Impact, Tuesday, January 12
- CharityHowTo is offering a free webinar: Your New Favorite Thing: 30 Super Helpful Social Media Apps, Tools and Resources For Nonprofits, Wednesday, January 13
- 4Good.org is offering a free webinar: Key Secrets to Inspiring Your Board to Fundraise, Wednesday, January 13
- Community Action Partnership: Part 2 of its webinar series, CCAP, Is It For Me? – Showcase your skills in an Executive Skills Portfolio will be held Wednesday, January 13
- GrantSpace is offering a free webinar: Introduction to Finding Grants, Wednesday, January 20
- 4Good.org is offering a free webinar: Excel for Grant Writers, Wednesday, February 3
- Civil legal assistance due to recent flooding being provided by AR Legal Aid providers
- CSBG Contact Information/Staff Assignments by Region from OCS
- Openings available in the Utilizing Place-Based Strategies Group of the Community Action Partnership’s Learning Communities
- Serving Individuals with Limited English Proficiency from CAPLAW as “[g]enerally” required for “organizations for that receive federal funding directly or indirectly…”.
Agency Actions • News & Notes from around the State
Economic Opportunity Agency Helps Pre-K Kids – news article on Economic Opportunity Agency of Washington County’s Head Start Program
Employees of the Month – see newsletter for details
- Candice Cartwright, Community Action Program for Central Arkansas “A+ward”
- Norene Hendricks, Crowley’s Ridge Development Council Employee of the Month
- Megan Cuddy, Director of Advancement Economic Opportunity Agency of Washington County’s “Safe Worker Award”
- Wanda McMurrin, Ozark Opportunities, Inc. – 46 years of helping others; Wanda McMurrin retires from Ozarks Opportunities, Harrison Daily Times
Social Action – Community Action Facebook Family
See newsletter for links to Facebook pages of each CAAs in Arkansas.