Region I Regional Performance and Innovation Consortia
See newsletter for the full article on each of these stories
Community Action Partnership Receives Two Grants
The Community Action Partnership was recently awarded two grants from the Office of Community Services:
- The first extends the work of the Partnership's Learning Communities Resource Center…
- The second is the State Eligible Entities Technical Assistance Services (SEETAS) grant that builds on the work of the Partnership's Risk Mitigation Center…
NEW! Learning Communities Kick-Off Webinar!
Community Action Partnership
2016-2017 Learning Community Kick-off Webinar
Learn about application information, what is expected, and information covered in each focus area – learn more about the Learning Communities Resource Center project.
UPDATE: ROMA Next Generation
In a joint effort between NASCSP and OCS, the ROMA Next Generation (ROMA-NG) workgroup was convened in mid-August 2015 to inform, advise, and assist in developing the final elements of ROMA Next Generation that will move ROMA to a new level and push CSBG forward to strengthen Community Action – ROMA NG Workgroup participant list and ROMA-Next Generation Framework.
Organizational Standards T/TA Tools and Resources
Starting October 1, 2015, many states entered into Fiscal Year 2016--meaning CSBG Organizational Standards went into effect.
To make sure your CAA has everything it needs to meet and implement these standards effectively, check out the Community Action Partnership and Organizational Standards Center of Excellence Technical Assistance Guides and webinars…
In case you missed it…
The Risk Mitigation September Webinar Series was a success! If you didn't get a chance to listen in, the slides and recording are available online (please see below).
- How to do the Right Thing: Ethics in Community Action, with Melanie Herman of the Nonprofit Risk Management Center (Aired 9/10/15)
- Essential Tips for Developing Whistleblower Policies, with Kevin Myren of CommonBond Communities (Aired 9/14/15)
- Developing and Managing a Conflict of Interest Policy, with Megan Johnston and Associates (Aired 9/21/15)
- Review and Wrap-up of the Risk Mitigation Blog Series, with Ken Ackerman of VirtualCap (Aired 9/28/15)
National T/TA Opportunities
Registration for NASCSP's Weatherization and CSBG State Monitoring Webinar Series is now open – registration and fee structure.
Weatherization Webinar Series
November 16-20, 2015
CSBG Webinar Series
December 7-11, 2015
National/Regional Events Calendar
Community Action Partnership
2016 Management and Leadership Training Conference
January 6-8, 2016 in New Orleans, LA
New England Community Action Partnership, the Alliance for Strong Families and Communities, and the Community Action Partnership
Politics, Poverty and the Presidency Forum
January 21-22, 2015 in Nashua, NH