Colorado Community Action Association
CCAA Newsletter – April 2015
Resources and Funding Opportunities Update
See newsletter for additional info on each topic
Please join the CCAA in welcoming Sarah Wolfgram, new CSBG Program Manager for the State of Colorado (DOLA), to the CO, Regional and National CSBG Networks!
Program/schedule for the 2015 Federal Regions 8 and 10 Community Action Conference – Colorado is very excited to host the 2015 Federal Region 8 & 10 conference in Denver May 11-14, 2015.
CCAA is now accepting 2014-2015 organizational and individual scholarship requests to support Training, Professional Development and Capacity Building in the CO CSBG Network… we are emphasizing support towards attendance at the 2015 Federal Regions 8 and 10 Community Action Conference.
(see newsletter to access details on each item)
- CO CSBG Discretionary Funds NOFA
- LibertyGives Foundation Invites Applications for Projects Benefitting Colorado Youth
- Mary Kay Foundation Accepting Applications for Domestic Violence Shelter Grant Program
- American Apprenticeship Initiative
- Home Depot Foundation Offers Grants to Support the Housing Needs of Military Veterans
Resources and Information from Our Partners
(see newsletter for details)
- Updates on CSBG Organizational Standards and ROMA Next Generation on the Partnership’s website
- Self-Assessment Tools for both Private and Public CEE that offer guidance as to the intent of the CSBG Working Group in the development phase of the COE-developed standards, and gives a format for thinking about what documentation you may use to show compliance
- Federal Poverty Guidelines for 2015
- CSBG Reauthorization – H.R. 1655 One-Pager
- Receive information and updates on Federal Legislation affecting Community Action Agencies, and support NCAF
- Model State Plan Webinars Available on NASCSP Website
- State of Poverty Blog Post: Community Needs Assessments are Key to Strong Programs and Services
- The Community Action Risk Mitigation Blog Series: #3 - Visualizing the Health of Your Agency Using Dashboards and Scorecards
- Virtual CAP is participating the National Partnership's Learning Cluster on Utilizing Place-Based Strategies and would appreciate your help identifying some local CSBG Grantees with best practices/promising practices involved with Place-Based Initiatives targeted to a specific neighborhood or community
- Randle Loeb receives the Denver Regional Council of Governments' (DRCOG) Distinguished Service Award
- New PEAKHealth mobile app from the Dept. of Health Care Policy and Financing, which gives Medicaid and Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+) members a simple way to keep their information up to date and access important health information right from their phone...
- Financial Health Training for Case Managers by the Financial Health Institute (May 6 & 7)
- Denver Post: CCLP's Claire Levy: Give Colorado's minimum wage a raise
- Colorado Public Radio: What to know about the Earned Income Tax Credit
- Public News Service Colorado: Taxpayers on the hook for low-wage jobs
- Colorado Public Radio: Report decries 'criminalization' of Colorado homeless
- Washington Post: The double-standard of making the poor prove they're worthy of government benefits
- CFED: New Data Show Volunteer Tax Preparation Provides a Significant Benefit to Lower-Income Taxpayers
FREE online Tax Preparation for individuals or families with a combined household income of $60,000 or less in 2014!
CO Center for Law & Policy Legislative Wrap-up Breakfast in Denver, CO on May 15
Region 8 and 10 Conference on Poverty in Denver, CO. May 12-14
CAPLAW 2015 National Training Conference - To be held in Portland, OR from June 10-12
2015 Community Action Partnership Annual Convention - To be held in San Francisco, CA from August 25-28
SAVE THE DATE - NASCSP 2015 Annual Training Conference in Sacramento, CA from September 15-18
Aha! Process "Addressing the Challenges of Poverty" Conference in Cincinnati, OH on October 5 & 6
SAVE THE DATE - CFED 2015 Assets & Opportunity Network Leadership Convening in Washington, DC on November 4-5