Colorado Community Action Association
CCAA Newsletter – February 2015
Resources and Funding Opportunities Update
See newsletter for additional info on each topic
Program/schedule for the 2015 Federal Regions 8 and 10 Community Action Conference – Colorado is very excited to host the 2015 Federal Region 8 & 10 conference in Denver May 11-14, 2015! Help support the conference by becoming a sponsor or exhibitor.
CCAA is now accepting 2014-2015 organizational and individual scholarship requests to support Training, Professional Development and Capacity Building in the CO CSBG Network… we are emphasizing support towards attendance at the 2015 Federal Regions 8 and 10 Community Action Conference.
(see newsletter to access details on each item)
- 2015 Permanent Supportive Housing Program Pilot - Request for Applications
- Joint Funding Round for Disaster Recovery Projects
- Mary Kay Foundation Accepting Applications for Domestic Violence Shelter Grant Program
- Community Economic Development Projects
- Veteran Business Outreach Center Program
- Research and Evaluation on Domestic Radicalization to Violent Extremism
- CO Department of Human Services, Work Support Strategies 2015 Innovation Grants
- Drug-Free Communities Support Program
- Capacity Building to Support Replication of Evidence-Based Teen Pregnancy Prevention Programs (Tier 1A)
- Supporting and Enabling Early Innovation to Advance Adolescent Health and Prevent Teen Pregnancy (Tier 2A)
- Effectiveness of Teen Pregnancy Prevention Programs Designed Specifically for Young Males
- Rural Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, Dating Violence and Stalking Assistance Program
- Assistance Grants for Victims of Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking Program
- Community Economic Development Healthy Food Financing Initiative Projects
- Community Financial Empowerment Learning Partnership
- Environmental Education Local Grants Program
- American Apprenticeship Initiative
Resources and Information from Our Partners
(see newsletter for details)
- Federal Office of Community Services Releases Information Memorandum (IM) 138 regarding the CSBG Organizational Standards
- CSBG Dear Colleague Draft State and Federal Accountability Measures and Appendices
- CSBG Dear Colleague Model State Plan Revision: Open Comment Period
- Federal Poverty Guidelines for 2015
- Navigating the ACA Tax Requirements at your Community Action VITA Site" webinar recording and slides
- Obama's 2016 Budget – CSBG and LIHEAP have no proposed cuts for the first time in several years…
- Receive information and updates on Federal Legislation affecting Community Action Agencies, and support NCAF
- Check out the 2014 CSBG Annual Report, featuring outcomes, statistics, and demographic data from over 1,000 Community Action Agencies nationwide
- State of Poverty Blog Post: SOTU says "expanding opportunity works". We promote access to opportunity
- 26th Annual Colorado Women's Legislative Breakfast Tuesday, Feb. 24th
- Rocky Mountain Human Services' National Brain Injury Employment Conference Wednesday March 11th
- Having trouble finding health insurance that fits your needs and your budget? Look no further than the Health Insurance Marketplace
- Nonprofit Quarterly: Political Poverty-phobia and the Future of Community Action: An Interview with Denise Harlow
- Colorado Center on Law and Policy: Surviving to Thriving: Pathways to Opportunity for Low-Income Women
- CFED: 2015 Assets & Opportunity Scorecard
- Colorado Public Radio: Study: Affordable housing shortage problematic for cities
FREE online Tax Preparation for individuals or families with a combined household income of $60,000 or less in 2014!
SAVE THE DATE - Information Memorandum 138 Overview Webinar for Region 8. Presented by Community Action Partnership and facilitated by the Region 8 RPIC. Webinar to be held Monday March 9th at 1:00pm (MT).
SAMHSA Region 8 Capacity Building Meeting - To be held in Denver, CO. March 19, 2015.
2015 NASCSP Mid-Winter Training Conference and Orientation Training in Arlington, VA. February 25-27, 2015
NCAF Legislative Conference in Washington, D.C. March 24-27, 2015
Poverty Simulation Facilitator Training - To be held in Kansas City, MO. March 23-24, 2015.
Annual In-service Continuing Education Program for ROMA Trainers in Atlanta, GA. April 8-9, 2015.
Region 8 and 10 Conference on Poverty in Denver, CO. May 12-14, 2015.
CAPLAW 2015 National Training Conference - To be held in Portland, OR. June 10-12, 2015.
2015 Community Action Partnership Annual Convention - To be held in San Francisco, CA. August 25-28, 2015.