Arizona Community Action Association
For the last four years, ACAA, community agencies, and individuals have taken part in the SNAP Challenge. The 2014 SNAP Challenge was held from Oct 6-13th.
The SNAP Challenge is a weeklong opportunity to better understand the tough choices individuals must make when living with food insecurity. While this is an opportunity to gain a small glimpse into the lives of community members, our hope is to engage you and the community in a greater conversation surrounding the critical issue of hunger.
SNAP Challenge Participants Share Their Experiences
- A Breakfast of Champions? – A special thank you to Holly Lyon for participating in the SNAP Challenge. Read a summary of her morning meal and a description of how the change in her morning breakfast is impacting her energy.
- Unprepared: Is $27 Enough? – Thanks to Karen for sharing some of the insights gained during her SNAP Challenge experience.
- A Note From ACAA’s Executive Director – The experience Arizona Community Action Association’s Executive Director, Cynthia Zwick had while grocery shopping for the week.
- Ginnie’s Experience – Thanks to Ginnie for providing a glimpse into Day 1 of her experience on the SNAP Challenge.
- SNAP Decisions: Shopping with Stacy – Take a look at the grocery list and shopping experience of Stacy, a SNAP Challenge participant.
- Closer to Clients – Renea Gentry, Executive Director at ICM Food & Clothing Bank recently participated in the SNAP Challenge.
- I RAN OUT OF FOOD!!
- My weekend on the SNAP Experience
- My Starchy SNAP Experience
- Last day of the SNAP Experience
- Is it possible to eat healthy on a SNAP budget?