North Carolina Community Action Association
Make a difference!
The North Carolina Community Action Association (NCCAA) is seeking motivated, highly organized undergraduate and graduate students to serve as interns in 2013. The internship will provide students the opportunity to learn about poverty alleviation efforts, programs and strategies in North Carolina and the United States while developing their research, organization, communications and outreach skills. Compensation is available and academic credit may be possible.
Interns Will Work in One of the Following Focus Areas
- Advocacy: Identifies needs and issues that impact the low-income community and works proactively to engage key stakeholders to develop strategies and measurable outcomes to improve these issues or areas of concern.
- Capacity Development: Supports overall training efforts to strengthen board governance, organizational leadership, programmatic and fiscal development that creates measurable outcomes to enhance the quality of life for the family, agency and community served.
- Communications/Public Relations: Assists in the implementation of multiple communications streams that target the customers served, as well as, community stakeholders. This includes but is not limited to the development of news releases, newsletters, reports, social media and special event coordination/development that highlight accomplishments, strategies and goals for empowering the family, community or agency served.
- Technology & Database Management: Supports integration of technological enhancements that improve customer service, data collection, reporting and communications with key stakeholders, as well as web development support, social media and information infrastructure management.
- Spring ’13 Internship begins the week of January 14, 2013 and ends the week of April 29, 2013. Accommodations made for graduating seniors and academic credit-seeking students. Applications received until positions filled.
- Summer ’13 Internship begins the week of May 20, 2013 and ends the week of August 5, 2013. Applications due by February 15, 2013.
- Fall ’13 Internship begins the week of September 9, 2013 and ends the week of December 2, 2013. Applications due by April 30, 2013.
Undergraduate students: 10 hr. minimum per week; Graduate students: 15 hr. minimum per week