Illinois Association of Community Action Agencies
2012 Annual Conference
Raising the Bar • Achieving Excellence
May 6-8, 2012
The IACAA Annual Conference is being held from May 6 – May 8. Twenty workshops are scheduled, along with a Families of Distinction Banquet and an Awards Luncheon.
Families of Distinction Banquet
This nationally recognized event embodies the spirit and good will of Community Action at its core. On Sunday, May 6th Families from across the state of Illinois will be honored for their great strides in attaining self-sufficiency - see 2012 Family of Distinction Nomination Form.
IACAA Awards Luncheon
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Award - When choosing a nominee for the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Award, keep in mind the virtues Dr. King exemplified. Is the nominee courageous, committed and forthright? Is the nominee a visionary who is an impassioned voice for the low-income population?
- Grey Warrner Friend of Community Action Award - This award has been traditionally given to an individual or groups who “share the challenges of Community Action by striving to raise the health, education and economic standards of Illinois’ citizens.”
- Harry Ring Outstanding Service Award - The nominee for the Harry Ring, Outstanding Service Award should be a person who has completely committed themselves to the mission of Community Action. This individual works above and beyond the call of duty for the benefit of Community Action and the low-income population.
- Vince Demuzio Legislator of the Year Award - The Vince Demuzio, Legislator of the Year Award is an opportunity to publicly acknowledge and honor an elected representative that serves the interest of the low-income citizens of Illinois.
Conference Workshop Tracks
- Head Start Re-Competition
- Peer to Peer Review De-Mystified
- Community Assessments
- Making Connections with InterACTION!
- Asset Management
- Fiscal Policies and the Single Audit Act
- Fiscal Reports for Non-Fiscal People
- Fiscal/CSBG Program Monitoring
- Understanding Poverty
- Outreach and Engagement
- Central Intake and Customer Assessment
- Customer Evaluation and Follow-Up
Measurement and Reporting
- ROMA 101
- ROMA 102
- Evidence Base Practice: Moving from Counting to Measuring
- History of Community Action
- Current Environment
- Presenting Yourself to One or Many
- Resume Building for the Next Level